Yanwei Hill Time Cannon (Yan Wei Shan Sheng Tai Gong Yuan 燕尾山生态公园)

The Yanwei Hill Time Cannon Emplacement was set up by Xiamen Customs toward the end of the nineteenth century. The…

Continue Reading →

Former Kulangsu Mixed Court (Hui Shen Gong Tang 会审公堂)

The Gulangyu Mixed Court, designed in was built by the English Presbyterian Mission in early Modernist style after permanently leased…

Continue Reading →

Former South Fukien Christian Bookstore (Min Nan Sheng Shu Gong Hui Sheng Jiao Shu Ju 闽南圣书工会圣教书局)

The Former Southern Fukien (Fujian) Christian Bookstore was founded in 1908 on Dadai Road on Kulangsu by Chinese and foreign…

Continue Reading →

Zhongde Taoist Temple (Zhong De Gong 种德宫)

Zhongde Taoist Temple was built before 1662, and originally located to the west of Kulangsu, where the west slope of…

Continue Reading →

Union Church (Xie He Li Bai Tang协和礼拜堂)

Union Church, Kulangsu’s earliest church, was built in 1863. The church was named as “The International Church”in the beginning and…

Continue Reading →

Christian Cemetery (Fan Zai Mu Yuan 番仔墓园)

There are four separate cemeteries spread out around a single rolling hill in Nei Cuo Ao. All of them are beautiful,…

Continue Reading →

Shuzhuang Garden (Shu Zhuang Hua Yuan 菽庄花园)

After the Sino-Japanese War, the Qing government ceded Taiwan to the Japanese, and Taiwanese magnate Lin Erjia moved to Kulangsu…

Continue Reading →

Sunlight Rock Temple (Ri Guang Yan Si 日光岩寺)

Sunlight Rock Temple, originally named “Lotus Nunnery”, was rebuilt in the 14th Year of the Wanli Reign of the Ming…

Continue Reading →

Trinity Church (San Yi Tang 三一堂)

As more and more Christians moved to Kulangsu in the 1920s, Xiamen Church, New Street Church and Bamboo Church cooperated…

Continue Reading →