Zhongde Taoist Temple (Zhong De Gong 种德宫)

Zhongde Taoist Temple was built before 1662, and originally located to the west of Kulangsu, where the west slope of…

Continue Reading: Zhongde Taoist Temple (Zhong De Gong 种德宫)

Union Church (Xie He Li Bai Tang协和礼拜堂)

Union Church, Kulangsu’s earliest church, was built in 1863. The church was named as “The International Church”in the beginning and…

Continue Reading: Union Church (Xie He Li Bai Tang协和礼拜堂)

Shuzhuang Garden (Shu Zhuang Hua Yuan 菽庄花园)

After the Sino-Japanese War, the Qing government ceded Taiwan to the Japanese, and Taiwanese magnate Lin Erjia moved to Kulangsu…

Continue Reading: Shuzhuang Garden (Shu Zhuang Hua Yuan 菽庄花园)

Sunlight Rock Temple (Ri Guang Yan Si 日光岩寺)

Sunlight Rock Temple, originally named “Lotus Nunnery”, was rebuilt in the 14th Year of the Wanli Reign of the Ming…

Continue Reading: Sunlight Rock Temple (Ri Guang Yan Si 日光岩寺)

Trinity Church (San Yi Tang 三一堂)

As more and more Christians moved to Kulangsu in the 1920s, Xiamen Church, New Street Church and Bamboo Church cooperated…

Continue Reading: Trinity Church (San Yi Tang 三一堂)

Development of local culture

Kulangsu had been a desolate island named “Yuanshazhou (Round Sandbank)” or “Yuanzhouzi (Round Bank)” covered by lush grass. It is…

Continue Reading: Development of local culture