Zhongde Taoist Temple (Zhong De Gong 种德宫)

Zhongde Taoist Temple was built before 1662, and originally located to the west of Kulangsu, where the west slope of…

Continue Reading →

Union Church (Xie He Li Bai Tang协和礼拜堂)

Union Church, Kulangsu’s earliest church, was built in 1863. The church was named as “The International Church”in the beginning and…

Continue Reading →

Christian Cemetery (Fan Zai Mu Yuan 番仔墓园)

There are four separate cemeteries spread out around a single rolling hill in Nei Cuo Ao. All of them are beautiful, lush,…

Continue Reading →

Shuzhuang Garden (Shu Zhuang Hua Yuan 菽庄花园)

After the Sino-Japanese War, the Qing government ceded Taiwan to the Japanese, and Taiwanese magnate Lin Erjia moved to Kulangsu…

Continue Reading →

Sunlight Rock Temple (Ri Guang Yan Si 日光岩寺)

Sunlight Rock Temple, originally named “Lotus Nunnery”, was rebuilt in the 14th Year of the Wanli Reign of the Ming…

Continue Reading →