Shuzhuang Garden (Shu Zhuang Hua Yuan 菽庄花园)

After the Sino-Japanese War, the Qing government ceded Taiwan to the Japanese, and Taiwanese magnate Lin Erjia moved to Kulangsu with his family. In 1913, he built a garden on the slope of Kulangsu’s Caozai Hill and named the Garden after his “courteous name” of "Shuzhuang," which is pronounced similarly in the Southern Fujian Dialect. The garden has two areas. "Bushan" (Repair Mountain) was bu...

Continue Reading →