Anxian Hall (An Xian Lou 安献楼)

The American Seventh-day Adventist missionary B.L.Anderson came to Kulangsu in 1906. He bought a large tract of land in “Wugepai” to build a school and set up farms and dairies to provide work-study programs for students. Anderson used the profits from farms and dairies, and funds donated by Americans in the late 1920s, to buy land on Jishan road, where in 1934 he built a three-storey granite “...

Continue Reading →