Former Office of Great Northern Telegraph Company (Denmark) (Dan Mai Da Bei Dian Bao Gong Si 丹麦大北电报公司)

In 1871, the Great Northern Telegraph Company began operations on Kulangsu’s Tianwei Road.  It laid the telegraph service’s submarine cables connecting…

Continue Reading →

Foreigners’ Football Field (Ren Min Ti Yu Chang 人民体育场 / Ma Yue Han Ti Yu Chang 马约翰体育场)

The Foreigners’ Football Field was built before 1878 and originally used as a lawn tennis court and cricket field. It…

Continue Reading →

Yanwei Hill Time Cannon (Yan Wei Shan Sheng Tai Gong Yuan 燕尾山生态公园)

The Yanwei Hill Time Cannon Emplacement was set up by Xiamen Customs toward the end of the nineteenth century. The…

Continue Reading →

Former Kulangsu Mixed Court (Hui Shen Gong Tang 会审公堂)

The Gulangyu Mixed Court, designed in was built by the English Presbyterian Mission in early Modernist style after permanently leased…

Continue Reading →

Conservation + protection

Kulangsu is under the protection of many Chinese or international conventions, laws and regulations on heritage conservation. A scientific and…

Continue Reading →

Former South Fukien Christian Bookstore (Min Nan Sheng Shu Gong Hui Sheng Jiao Shu Ju 闽南圣书工会圣教书局)

The Former Southern Fukien (Fujian) Christian Bookstore was founded in 1908 on Dadai Road on Kulangsu by Chinese and foreign…

Continue Reading →

Zhongde Taoist Temple (Zhong De Gong 种德宫)

Zhongde Taoist Temple was built before 1662, and originally located to the west of Kulangsu, where the west slope of…

Continue Reading →

Union Church (Xie He Li Bai Tang协和礼拜堂)

Union Church, Kulangsu’s earliest church, was built in 1863. The church was named as “The International Church”in the beginning and…

Continue Reading →

Christian Cemetery (Fan Zai Mu Yuan 番仔墓园)

There are four separate cemeteries spread out around a single rolling hill in Nei Cuo Ao. All of them are beautiful,…

Continue Reading →