Sunlight Rock Temple, originally named “Lotus Nunnery”, was rebuilt in the 14th Year of the Wanli Reign of the Ming Dynasty (AD 1586). The main hall, General Funds Hall (Yuan Tong Bao Dian), is a huge cave carved into a rock at the hill’s peak and supported by stone columns and crosspieces, hence the nickname “One Tile Roof”. In 1936, the eminent Buddhist monk, Master Hong Yi, spent a time of retreat in a room in the east wing of the Temple. He inscribed a plaque for his retreat room, “Sunlight Courtyard”.
Address: 60 – 62 Huangya Road, Gulangyu Island, Siming District, Xiamen City, China
地址：厦门市思明区鼓浪屿晃岩路60 — 62号