Trinity Church (San Yi Tang 三一堂)

As more and more Christians moved to Kulangsu in the 1920s, Xiamen Church, New Street Church and Bamboo Church cooperated to make worship more convenient by building a Kulangsu church in 1934.

The name “Trinity Church” alludes to its joint construction by the three churches, as well as the doctrine of the Trinity. (The Chinese translation for “trinity,” san yi 三一, literally means “three one.”) The church was designed by Lin Rongting, and a Dutch architect made additional designs for the roof.

Address: 67 – 69 Anhai Road, Gulangyu Island, Siming District, Xiamen City, China


地址:厦门市思明区鼓浪屿安海路67 – 69号